This past weekend, my husband and I had a Sunday of unplanned adventures. We started the morning off with a bike ride/ walk with our two dogs through the canals in Venice Beach, then ended up at the Mar Vista Farmers Market tasting some of the most incredible peaches ever. Later in the day, we found ourselves at the Long Beach Flea Market for the first time. We had a blast strolling through the market, exploring all the vendors and getting lost too many times to count. I did manage to find some great things and I even found my way out of there in one piece!
1. Bronze Mirror // Solid metal and super heavy, the dealer said it is possibly Art & Crafts style, but I'm not completely sure about that. Any thoughts?
2. Vintage Saltillo // I found this beauty hiding under a pile of rugs. NOt only are the colors stunning, but it's in great condition and very good size at 96" x58". I totally scored on the price too.
3. Brass Elephant Bookends // I almost didn't buy these because I'm out of bookshelf space in our tiny house, but I couldn't resist. One day I'll have tons of shelves to fill with things like this that make me happy.
4. Wood Duck // This guy spoke to me, so I named him Harry. He reminds me of the town Duck, North Carolina where we used to vacation growing up. My parents still have their house there, in fact I'm headed there on Friday!
5. Porcelain Chicken // This piece dates back to 1910 and is my most favorite flea market find! My great grandmother used to have one just like this, and she would fill it with candy for my brother and sister and I when we'd come visit. We called it "The Fairy", and no visit to Grandma Ruth's house was complete without checking the Fairy. When Grandma Ruth passed away, my Grandma Maggie kept it and continued the tradition. It was such a thrill to find this and it brought on such a great wave of nostalgia. I plan on filling The Fairy with treats for my niece and nephew.