This is the easiest soup you'll ever make, but trust me what it lacks in effort is made up for with flavor. This is my go-to soup when I don't really feel like cooking but want a homemade meal. Plus I get to use my immersion blender which I think is the greatest invention my kitchen has ever seen (next to you, Vitamix). I like to drizzle the top with truffle oil because it makes me feel fancy. Enjoy.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 head fresh cauliflower broken into florets
- pinch of salt
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth
- white truffle oil, (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Let the onion sweat in the olive oil over low heat without letting it brown for 15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, salt to taste, and 1/2 cup of the chicken broth. Raise the heat slightly and cook the cauliflower covered for 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender. Then add another 4 1/2 cups chicken broth. Bring to a low simmer and cook an additional 20 minutes uncovered.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture to a very smooth, creamy consistency. Let the soup stand for 20 minutes if it becomes too thin, it will thicken slightly.
- Serve hot, drizzled with a thin stream of truffle oil (or olive oil if you prefer) and freshly ground black pepper.